with Valentine’s Day right around the corner – and stores ALREADY selling out of candy and cute little goodies, I thought it’d be fun to talk about a few Girl’s Night activities and date night ideas!
I don’t get out with my girlfriends or my husband as often as I wish that I would. that’s definitely something I think I need more of this year!
I tried thinking outside the box, and suggesting things that are a little more unique than just ‘going to dinner at Olive Garden’ even though – I would do that any day of the week! right?! OG is amazing! haha!
Girls Night activities …
- doing a fitness class (spin, yoga, dance, etc)
- doing an at home craft night
- take a paint or pottery class
- at home pedicures/manicures
- go get your makeup done at the Mac//Nordstrom/Sephora etc. counters + go to dinner all dolled up!
- have a shopping day! be creative and set a budget!
- take a self defense course (I did this and LOVED it)
- go to the gun range
- host a favorite things party
- host a clothing/shoes/accessories or home decor swap – choose things that you want to exchange and everyone goes home with something new to them!
Date Night ideas …
- be a tourist in your own city! try local food, museums and see sights unique to where you live!
- take a pottery or painting class
- go to the gun range
- couples massages!
- go out for shakes, fries and skating!!
- pick out each others’ outfits and go somewhere!
- 3 course meal at 3 restaurants … appetizer at one place, main course at another and dessert at one final restaurant!
- have an at home date night. make dinner together (or order in), eat by candlelight and enjoy time with just the two of you, maybe makeout a little – it’ll be fun!
- join other couples and go out as a group! bowling, dinner, ice cream, if you’re endowed – go to the temple!
- if it’s warm out – go for walks, hold hands and just talk
I’m making it a priority to go out with my husband more, and if we can’t ‘go out’ that week or whatever – I’m trying to focus and make the most of the time that we do get together. holding hands in the car, putting away my phone more when he’s around, eating dinner together, going to bed at the same time – those are all little things that I know make an impact on our togetherness.
what’s your favorite date you have been on? or fun outing with the girls?
thanks so much for stopping by!