today I’m 25 years old, which sounds SO weird because I seriously don’t feel 25. even though in reality 😉 I’m a quarter of a century old you guys! so to celebrate and keep things fun I thought I’d share 25 things about me 🙂
1. I LOOOOOOVE the color PINK! 😉 that’s no secret, but thought I’d add it in here, just for fun 😉
2. being a mom brings me so much joy, and I’m surprised by that because as nature would have it – I am a nurturing type of person, but I grew up not wanting to be a mom. I thought it’d be so hard, and I didn’t honestly love children 😉 oops – that’s horrible to say, but I just didn’t. I wanted to move to New York and have a career in fashion. thennnnnn I met my husband – got married. and even then I told him I didn’t want kids – that was a big cause of disagreement between us – and then one day, something changed and I longed to be a mom. it took us 1.5 years to get pregnant with Navi and I feel so lucky because it took 1 month to get pregnant with our new sweet girl! we’re so excited to meet her in October!
3. so I love to eat, and I feel like I’m always craving pasta! if I had to pick a favorite food, it’d probably be chicken & rice dishes or pasta!
4. I’m a dessert queen! not at making them 😉 but at eating them! I typically don’t say no to a treat 🙂 not even ashamed!!!
5. growing up I always wanted to be a vet or a teacher, it wasn’t until early high school that I discovered my love of fashion and wanted to turn that into a career – still working on the career part 😉
6. I’m the oldest of ALL my cousins on both my mom and dads’ sides, obviously oldest of all my siblings 😉 and so I’m used to being the first at something 😉 or at least the leader or the one in charge. I’m definitely more humble now but when I was younger I had a hard time taking leadership from someone else
7. I love to dance. I’m not really good, but it makes me happy 🙂 I love watching other people dance too!
8. my favorite music is rock, especially 80’s! 😉 and I love music by Queen, Def Leppard, and Journey
9. you all know, but I’m a shoe addict. I don’t even really need to go on here… 😉 haha! I honestly ordered over 10 pairs in the recent Nordstrom sale and I don’t even know how I’m going to narrow it all down! I truly have a problem!
10. my favorite time of year is summer! I love the fun holidays, my birthday and the warm weather but I really love dressing up for fall – that’s my favorite! (and why I go so crazy for the Nordstrom sale!)
11. I’m a numbers girl, and a daddy’s girl … so when your dad’s favorite numbers are 11 & 89, your favorite numbers are the same 😉 also since he loves m&m’s – you also love m&m’s 😉
12. Nash (my husband) and I started officially dating on 12.11.10 and we were married on 10.11.12
13. my eyebrows and eyelashes are natural – no filling in, no extensions – they’re mine 😉
14. I’m so in love with flowers. I don’t know why, but they make me so happy and are so beautiful – I don’t keep them alive very well though so my house is full of faux bouquets 😉 anytime I see pretty flowers somewhere (literally anywhere) I stop and take a picture
15. I HATE getting my face wet! I will not put myself fully in the water if I can help it – I had to be saved by a lifeguard when I was about 9 years old at the pool and still am scared of the water
16. I’ve been doing my blog for almost 4 years! which sounds so long 😉 because I’m not quite where I thought I’d be in 4 but I also feel proud of what I’ve accomplished and honestly I’ve used my blog as an outlet to be creative and share my love of fashion 🙂 so if you’ve followed along for a while THANK YOU. if you’re new here, THANK YOU. I love you and your support!
17. I’m a pretty outgoing person, but I do tend to stick close to family. they’re my people.
18. I’m not much of a makeup girl, but I do love lipstick and I like my lashes – thick and black! 😉
19. my go to outfit is usually skinny jeans, a cute & simple tee (or button up blouse), awesome statement shoes and a colored bag!
20. I ALWAYS have my nails painted, thats one thing I do all the time
21. I like to crochet and sew, I used to make my own clothes but haven’t the past few years
22. because my birthday is July 20 – it falls directly in the middle of the cusp of Cancer and Leo, so technically I’m both 😉 so I always read both signs
23. I started adding highlights of blonde into my hair in jr high but I’ve actually had long black hair, red hair, orange hair (not cute), white hair, I’ve done a mohawk and 2 pixie cuts, my favorites have been when I had an a line bob and my current hair 🙂
24. I was such a tomboy growing up and even though I’m pretty girly now, my tomboy self shines through every now and then
25. I’ve always been the funny friend, or the one to make people laugh in a group. I enjoy taking that role. I’m not afraid of being silly. my family takes pride in being witty – if you know my dad, then you know! my favorite emoji is the cry laugh face 🙂
I hope you enjoyed learning a bit more about me! thank you for reading and if there’s anything else you’d like to know – leave me a comment 🙂